What is included in the fee?
The rental fee includes room and/or outdoor space rental, parking, and a special event associate to facilitate your event. Electricity is available at every venue. Our full-service preferred caterers will assist you with tent, table, and chair rentals for an additional cost.
- The Church/Meeting Hall includes seating for 80 - however, there is space to add additional seating.
- The Ordinary includes tables and benches for 40.
- Mt. Malady includes large “tables” for multipurpose use.
Can I bring my own caterer?
Henricus Historical Park has established relationships with the following preferred caterers: Butler’s Unique Catering, King’s Korner Catering, and Defazio’s Catering. Preferred caterers are familiar with the venue which ensures your event will run smoothly and that you will enjoy a positive experience.
- Butler’s Unique Catering | www.butlersuniquecatering.com | 804-519-9278
- King’s Korner Catering | www.kingskornercatering.com | 804-271-0033
- Defazio’s Catering | www.defazioscatering.com | 804-337-9561
Are there any restrictions on serving alcohol?
All food and beverage service must be coordinated through the preferred caterer, which is responsible for compliance with state ABC regulations. All related questions should be directed to your caterer.
Are there any restrictions on amplified music?
Henricus Historical Park has no restrictions on amplified music. We encourage DJs and bands to visit the site in advance of your event and/or to speak with a member of our staff to ensure that they arrive with appropriate equipment and expectations.
Who performs setup and cleanup of my event?
All site setup and cleanup will be performed by you and/or your caterer. You are responsible for collecting your personal belongings at the end of your event and removal of any items delivered or setup by other vendors.
How do I reserve a venue?
- Schedule a facility tour to discuss your event with our special events coordinator.
- Submit the provided information sheet with your contact information and preferred venue.
- We will then send you a contract which you’ll have two weeks to sign and pay the 50% non-refundable deposit.
- Cash, credit, and checks (made payable to Henricus Foundation) are all accepted forms of payment.
- The remaining balance is due 2 weeks before your event.