Bring History to Life by Volunteering
Henricus volunteers play an essential role in inspiring and engaging people across our region, and we are always on the lookout for dynamic and energetic people who want to be a part of our team.
- assist historical interpreters in the living-history areas
- provide support for special events
- assist with garden upkeep and care of animals
- Complimentary family admission to the living history museum
- 15% discount in the gift shop
- Invitation to our special events
- Opportunity to make new friends and bring history to life for thousands of people each year
Please join us! We invite you to explore our many volunteer opportunities and discover the right volunteer program for you.
Gardens & Horticulture
Lend us your green thumb! Henricus nurtures plants in a greenhouse and across our 32-acre site in Virginia Indian, kitchen, physic and flower gardens. If you love plants, this is the opportunity for you!
1611 English Citie & Virginia Indian Site
Step back in time and assist our living historians and educators by demonstrating Virginia life in the 17th-century. Our volunteers are highly trained and enjoy a special camaraderie with our full-time staff.
Animals & Habitats
Goats, chickens and cats reside at Henricus and all of them need love and attention. If your calling is with animals, please help our staff care for them.
Volunteer at one or as many events at Henricus as your schedule permits and know that you are brightening the lives of the families who attend.