Virginia Agriculture Through History
For Educators pre-k through Grade 5. Join Henricus Historical Park and Agriculture in the Classroom (AITC) staff for an SOL- and STEM-aligned workshop focusing on the earliest historical agriculture to modern-day Virginia agriculture. The workshop will include (1) Colonial and Virginia Indian agricultural history and Project-Based Learning activities and (2) modern-day environmental and agricultural activities, teacher lesson plans and free resources. All public, private, and home school educators are welcome. Teacher re-certification hours available through AITC.
Date: July 23
Registration required. Please sign up on the Agriculture in the Classroom website.
Teacher Appreciation Day
Annual Educator Open House
Participate in onsite tours, demonstrations from school programs, make-and-take activities, and discussions about our new and upcoming SOL- and STEM-aligned programs and PBL sessions. Enter a drawing for educational items from our gift shop. Bring your children! Registration recommended by calling 804-318-8797.
Date: April 18
Cost: Free to all public and private school educators and immediate family members with school-issued ID
Teacher Informational In-Services
Available at your school upon request. FREE
Summer Teacher Workshops
Customize a Workshop
Workshops can be arranged and customized for elementary and middle schools or districts. Workshops may include your choice(s) of the following:
- Historical Discussion Sessions – 17th-century colonial & Virginia Indian history
- Interactive, living history tours of the re-created Citie of Henricus & of the Powhatan Village of Arrohateck
- Sessions on the use of primary sources & archaeology
- Hands-on activities to take back to the classroom
- Project and problem-based learning activities for both primary and secondary students