Virginia Agriculture Through History
For Educators pre-k through Grade 5. Join Henricus Historical Park and Agriculture in the Classroom (AITC) staff for an SOL- and STEM-aligned workshop focusing on the earliest historical agriculture to modern-day Virginia agriculture. The workshop will include (1) Colonial and Virginia Indian agricultural history and Project-Based Learning activities and (2) modern-day environmental and agricultural activities, teacher lesson plans and free resources. All public, private, and home school educators are welcome. Teacher re-certification hours available through AITC.
2021 date to be announced.
For more information, please click here.
Teacher Appreciation Day
Annual Educator Open House
Because we appreciate everything our teachers do, all educators on Teacher Appreciation Day receive $2 off their regular site admission. Teachers may stop by our education table from 10 am – 2 pm and learn about our variety of educational programs available for students and families.
Date to be announced.
Summer Teacher Workshops
Customize a Workshop
Workshops can be arranged and customized for elementary and middle schools or districts. Workshops may include your choice(s) of the following:
- Historical Discussion Sessions – 17th-century colonial & Virginia Indian history
- Interactive, living history tours of the re-created Citie of Henricus & of the Powhatan Village of Arrohateck
- Sessions on the use of primary sources & archaeology
- Hands-on activities to take back to the classroom
- Project and problem-based learning activities for both primary and secondary students