Formal Educators (schools) and Informal Educators (museums) often join together to help make education as three-dimensional and interactive as possible for all children.
Summer Teacher Workshops
Workshops can be arranged and customized for individual schools or districts.
Workshops may include:
- Historical Discussion Sessions – 17th-century colonial & Virginia Indian history
- Interactive, living history tours of the re-created Citie of Henricus & of the Powhatan Village of Arrohateck
- Sessions on the use of primary sources & archaeology
- Hands-on activities to take back to the classroom
- DVDs – People of the River: The Virginia Indians & The Citie of Henricus
- Project and problem-based learning activities for both primary and secondary students
Join educators of Henricus Historical Park and Virginia Farm Bureau’s Agriculture in the Classroom staff for an SOL-aligned workshop focusing on the history of both Colonial-era and modern-day Virginia agriculture. There will be grade-level-appropriate hands-on activities relating to the elementary-level classroom (pre-K through grade 5). All public, private, and home school educators are welcome. Teacher re-certification hours available.
Time: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Cost: Free (lunch included)
Register by calling (804) 290-1143.
Educator Open Houses
Time: 2 – 5 p.m.
Cost: Free to all active educators, administrators and their immediate family members
Register by calling (804) 318-8797.
Teacher Informational In-Services
Available at your school upon request. FREE