For Educators pre-k through Grade 5. Join Henricus Historical Park and Agriculture in the Classroom (AITC) staff for an SOL- and STEM-aligned workshop focusing on the earliest historical agriculture to modern-day Virginia agriculture. The workshop will include (1) Colonial and Virginia Indian agricultural history and Project-Based Learning activities and (2) modern-day environmental and agricultural activities, teacher lesson plans and free resources. All public, private, and home school educators are welcome. Teacher re-certification hours available through AITC.
Time: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Cost: Free (lunch included)
For more information or to register, call (804) 290-1143.
Educator Open Houses
Time: 2 – 5 p.m.
Cost: Free to all active educators, administrators and their immediate family members
Register by calling (804) 318-8797.
Summer Teacher Workshops
Workshops can be arranged and customized for elementary and middle schools or districts. Workshops may include your choice(s) of the following:
- Historical Discussion Sessions – 17th-century colonial & Virginia Indian history
- Interactive, living history tours of the re-created Citie of Henricus & of the Powhatan Village of Arrohateck
- Sessions on the use of primary sources & archaeology
- Hands-on activities to take back to the classroom
- Project and problem-based learning activities for both primary and secondary students
Teacher Informational In-Services
Available at your school upon request. FREE