Formal Educators (schools) and Informal Educators (museums) often join together to help make education as three-dimensional and interactive as possible for all children. Read more on what professionals are saying about education.
Summer Teacher Workshops
Workshops can be arranged and customized for individual schools or districts.
Workshops may include:
- Historical Discussion Sessions – 17th-century colonial & Virginia Indian history
- Interactive, living history tours of the re-created Citie of Henricus & of the Powhatan Village of Arrohateck
- Sessions on the use of primary sources & archaeology
- Hands-on activities to take back to the classroom
- DVDs – People of the River: The Virginia Indians & The Citie of Henricus
- Project and problem-based learning activities for both primary and secondary students
Join Henricus Historical Park and Agriculture in the Classroom staff for an SOL- and STEM-aligned workshop focusing on the earliest historical agriculture to modern-day Virginia agriculture. The workshop will include (1) Colonial and Virginia Indian agricultural history and Project-Based Learning activities and (2) modern-day environmental and agricultural activities, teacher lesson plans and free resources. All public, private, and home school educators are welcome. For more information, call 804-318-8731. Teacher re-certification hours available through AITC.
Time: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Cost: Free (lunch included)
Register by calling (804) 290-1143.
Educator Open Houses
Time: 2 – 5 p.m.
Cost: Free to all active educators, administrators and their immediate family members
Register by calling (804) 318-8797.
Teacher Informational In-Services
Available at your school upon request. FREE